PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- fashionluxuryprogram.elle.fr (the “Website”) is managed and operated by Mindway Ecosystem, S.L. (“Mindway” or “we”), with registered address at C/María de Molina 27, 28006, Madrid, with Tax Identification Number B-85190734 and registered within the Madrid Commercial Registry at Volume 24844, Page 199, Section 8 and Sheet M-447204. You can contact us at email@example.com
- These terms and conditions (hereinafter, the ‘Terms and Conditions’) govern the access, browsing and use of the Website by the user (hereinafter, the ‘User’ or ‘you’), as well as the enrolling and reservation of a participation in the International Fashion & Luxury Management Program (the “Program”) and the acquisition and use of the services of the virtual campus available on the Website (hereinafter, collectively, both enrolling and reservation and the virtual campus services, the ‘Services’) and the purchase or access and use of the contents made available to you via the Website or the Services (hereinafter, the ‘Contents’). The use of certain services offered on the Website shall also be governed by the particular terms and conditions set out for each case. These particular terms and conditions shall complement or, if contrary to the provisions hereunder, substitute the content of these Terms and Conditions, which must be accepted by the User before the corresponding services may begin to be provided.
- If you access the Website or use the Services, you declare that you have read and accepted all these Terms and Conditions without any reservations. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions or to any part or clause thereof, you must immediately refrain from accessing and using the Website or the Services.
- Mindway may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Thus, we recommend that you review them on a regular basis. The date at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions indicates the date of the latest version of these Terms and Conditions, which have been in effect since they were published.
- The Services are intended for individuals above the age of 18. If you accept these Terms and Conditions, you declare that you are above the age of 18 and fully capable of assuming and complying with these Terms and Conditions. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access or use our Services.
- In certain cases, the Services are intended for individuals who meet certain academic or other conditions, which the Website will state where appropriate. If you request these Services, you declare that you comply with these conditions. Furthermore, Mindway shall be authorised to review your compliance with such conditions, and shall cancel your application or terminate your registration to the Services if you fail to comply with them.
- The User is authorised to access and use the Services and the Content only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You hereby undertake to use the Services and the Content in good faith and in a respectful, appropriate and lawful manner and not to use them negligently, for fraudulent purposes or in an illegal manner.
- The User shall refrain from interfering with the functioning of the Services, in particular, from using false identities, impersonating another User or individual, carrying out advertising, promotional or business-related activities via the Services or using the Services for purposes beyond their expected and/or reasonable use. Furthermore, the User hereby undertakes not to take any action that may damage, disable or overload, impair, or prevent the normal use of the Website; affect its security; or otherwise encumber or interfere with the use and security of the Website. Access via robots, spiders or any other type of device, program, mobile application or tool to access, copy or control any part of the Website that may run counter to the normal use thereof or unreasonably constrain the interests of Mindway, without the express authorisation of Mindway, is prohibited. Obtaining or attempting to obtain the Contents via means or techniques other than those that constitute a normal manner of use, or those expressly authorised by Mindway is prohibited. The User hereby undertakes not to engage in any conduct that may damage the image, interests and rights of Mindway, other users or third parties.
- The User shall be responsible for ensuring, prior to using the Services, that these are appropriate to his or her needs and that the User has the necessary requirements, equipment and software for that purpose. Accordingly, the User shall bear all necessary costs to use the Services.
- Where the User must access the Services through a registration process or similar, the User hereby undertakes to provide all the mandatory information necessary in order to complete the registration process. The User shall be liable for providing accurate, complete and updated information. The User shall be liable for keeping this information updated in the manner deemed appropriate.
- The User must safeguard his or her password as confidential and not disclose it to others. Furthermore, the User must not publish, distribute or divulge his or her password. The User should never allow other users or third parties to use his or her user account (hereinafter, the ‘User Account’) or the account of another user.
- The User is liable for whatever occurs from his or her User Account on any device. If the User suspects that a third party is using his or her User Account, he or she must notify Mindway immediately.
- For registration purposes, if the User provides a valid email address, the User thereby agrees to receive notices regarding the Services via that email address.
- The rights granted to the User under these Terms and Conditions are personal and may not be partially or completely transferred to third parties by any means, without the prior express consent of Mindway in writing.
- The sale, resale or any similar use of the Services or the Content is not authorised under any circumstance and shall give rise to the immediate termination of the Services.
- In order to guarantee that the activities and Program organised by Mindway are carried out properly, it is imperative to follow the community rules. If you fail to follow these rules, Mindway may cancel the provision of the Services. These rules include, but are not limited to, the following principles:
- Showing respect to the teaching staff and the members of the Mindway organisation, as well as to the rest of the students and participants in the programs and activities organised by Mindway.
- Refraining from taking any action or making any display that disturbs the order and normal administration of the Program and activities organised by Midway.
- Refraining from taking photographs or making recordings during any lectures, programs and activities of any class.
USE OF THE SERVICES
- Upon using the Services, the User may store, edit and share files, information, opinions and contents, including his or her work in the program in which he or she is participating (hereinafter, the ‘User Content), via his or her User Account. The User is the sole and exclusive person responsible for User Content and for his or her actions when using his or her User Account.
- On certain cases, when providing User Content, the User may decide to make it public for other Users or to keep it private. The User hereby accepts that, when providing User Content through his or her User Account, in accordance with the terms and conditions provided for each case, the Content shall be made public to other users, and assumes sole responsibility for anything resulting from such publication.
- Upon providing any User Content via his or her User Account, the User declares that he or she is the legitimate owner of the intellectual property rights, or otherwise, regarding that User Content, having obtained all kind of authorisations, licences, permits and consents; or having assured him- or herself that the User Content provided is ‘free of rights’ and without any applicable duty of confidentiality.
- Mindway may have to handle and process the User Contents created in the virtual campus. When storing or publishing any User Content, the User thereby grants a non-exclusive licence, free of charge, during its entire duration as stated in applicable regulations, to:
- access, use, store, reproduce, amend, transform, update, translate, publish, distribute, erase, include or make available all or part of the User Content through the virtual campus, for teaching and academic purposes, within the context of the programs organised by Mindway and with strict respect for any moral rights that may apply.
- Carry out any technical or maintenance-related activities required in order to comply with the foregoing.
RESTRICTIONS ON PUBLISHING USER CONTENT:
- Without any limitation, it is prohibited to include User Content that:
- is unlawful, contrary to morality or public order or that constitutes unlawful activity or the violation of good faith principles;
- the User is not authorised to share, having not been authorised by the owner of the rights or not being part of the public domain;
- violates the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- infringes the rights of third parties; does not meet on-line courtesy standards; bothers or may give rise to negative opinions among other users or third parties; and that, in general, Mindway deems inappropriate for users;
- in general, violates the principles of legality, the protection of human dignity, the protection of minors, the protection of the public order, the protection of privacy, and intellectual property rights.
- Mindway does not support, guarantee or authorise any User Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed in relation thereto and expressly declines any liability relating to any User Content.
- If you wish to pose any query about the User Content; or believe that it infringes any right, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is inappropriate, you may contact us using the contact form available on our Website.
- Even though Mindway is not obliged to monitor, in general, the User Content, Mindway may amend or erase, at any time, all or part of any User Content it deems to fail to meet these Terms and Conditions or be offensive, illegal or in violation of the rights of third parties.
RIGHT OF EXCLUSION
- Mindway hereby reserves the right to decline or withdraw access to the Website and the Services, without prior notice and at its own discretion or at the request of a third party, from Users who fail to adhere to, or are suspected of failing to adhering to, these Terms and Conditions.
- The intellectual property rights of the Website, its source code, design, browsing structure, databases and other items found therein (including brands, images, sounds, audio files, videos, software and texts), the Services, the Program and the Content are owned by Mindway and its licensors.
- Mindway acknowledges the exclusive ownership of any intellectual property rights over third-party products and services mentioned on the Website. The simple mention or appearance of such products and services on the Website does not imply the existence of any rights or liabilities that Mindway may have over them, or any guarantee, sponsorship and/or recommendation by Mindway in relation thereto.
- Unless expressly authorised under these Terms and Conditions, the Contents or any item pertaining to the Website, the Program or the Services may not be fully or partially copied, distributed, publicly disclosed or transformed on any medium or by any technical means. If you violate the foregoing provisions, you will be infringing, and liable for infringing, the intellectual property rights of Mindway and its licensors, who may take the measures set out in applicable regulations to suppress the related infraction and, if appropriate, receive compensation for any damages caused.
- The User hereby undertakes to respect the intellectual property rights owned by, or licensed to, Mindway. The User may view the elements of the various Contents on the Website and print, copy and store them on the hard drive of his or her computer or device or on any other physical medium, provided that he or she does so solely and exclusively for his or her own personal (non-commercial) use. The User must refrain from removing, altering, bypassing or manipulating any protective device or security system in place to protect the Services or the Contents.
- A core aspect of Mindway’s training endeavours involves the possibility that Mindway students may access videos relating to the activities and the Program it carries out via the virtual campus, in order to enhance the knowledge and skills they acquire. Furthermore, some activities are recorded, photographed and subsequently divulged in order to promote and inform about the activities carried out by Mindway.
- This means that Mindway may record the activities and courses it organises. Therefore, if you take part in activities organised by Mindway, unless otherwise agreed with Mindway, you hereby agree that your image may be recorded during such any activities, and that any such recordings may be used for the purposes described in the foregoing paragraph.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENROLLMENT
- On the Website, you may enrol and reserve a participation in the Program. The Program’s description, terms and conditions, and features are offered on the Website at all times.
- Upon completing the enrolment application form, the User shall receive an email to confirm his or her enrolment in the Program, with instructions on how to pay for the Program’s price.
- After receiving the enrolment confirmation email, you must send us a copy of your payment confirmation or, where appropriate, your completed and signed card payment authorisation to the email address indicated for each case.
- Upon making the first and only payment and prior to starting the Program, Mindway shall send you an email confirming its receipt of your payment confirmation and the information of the Program in which you have enrolled and reserved a participation. Prior to this moment, your participation in the Program will not be considered reserved, provided that you have made only an application. We may decline your application (i) if you do not meet the conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions or those indicated specifically for the Program; (ii) if an error has occurred in the description or price of the service being offered; or (iii) if the available seats in the Program have already been filled.
- The Program may require the enrolment of a minimum number of students or any other condition that will be mentioned on the Website at all times. In these cases, the enrolment transaction shall be subject to this final condition, which may lead to the termination of the related agreement if unmet. In this case, Mindway shall refund any amounts you have paid.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Program shall be indicated on the Website at all times and include any applicable Spanish taxes and costs for each case.
- You may pay this amount with credit or debit card or via bank transfer. If you pay with card, your payment shall be processed by third-party payment service providers. If you pay via bank transfer, you must submit the related proof of payment as previously mentioned. You are responsible for any transfer fees that may incur.
- In order to guarantee that the correct amount is received, payment must be made in EUROS.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
- With regards to reserving a participation in the Program, once the User has enrolled and made payment in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, the Service shall be considered provided, as his or her participation is confirmed to be reserved and the Program shall be held if available spaces are confirmed to be filled. Therefore, no right of withdrawal shall apply and the cancelation and referral policies below shall apply.
- Mindway admits students of any race, color, sex, belief, or national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, age, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, and other Mindway administered programs and activities.
- All cancellations to the Program must be made in writing or by email. Send a note to the Program Registration Team (Mindway, Calle Lagasca 24, 1º Izq, 28001, Madrid or firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating that you wish to cancel your enrollment to the Program. Cancellations fees are as follows:
- 61 days or more prior to the Program start date (December 12th): 1,000 € administrative fee (non-refundable deposit)
- 60-31 days prior to the Program start date (December 12th): 50% of the Program registration fees as cancellation fee
- 30 days or less prior to the Program start date (December 12th): 100% of the Program registration fees as cancellation fee
- All enrollment deferrals for the Program must be requested in writing or by email. Send a note to the Program Registration Team (Mindway, Calle Lagasca 24, 1º Izq, 28001, Madrid or email@example.com) indicating that you wish to have your enrollment deferred to another session of the Program within one year.
- Deferral fees are as follows:
- 42 days or more prior to the Program start date (December 12th): No fee
- 41-22 days prior to the Program start date (December 12th): 25% of the Program registration fees as deferral fee
- 21 days-1 day prior to the Program start date (December 12th): 50% of the Program registration fees as deferral fee
- On or after the Program start date (December 12th): 100% of the Program registration fees as deferral fee
- For all deferral requests, any balance remaining after the deferral fee will be applied toward your tuition in the new session of the Program.
- If you have paid in full: Your payment will be applied to the tuition in the new session, and you will not be charged any increase in tuition related to the new session.
- If you have not paid in full: You will be billed for the remaining/outstanding tuition for the new session. Please note that there may be an increase in tuition for the new session.
- If you choose to defer your admission to a future Program session, you must attend that session or you will forfeit all funds previously paid. Only one deferral or substitution per registration is allowed and the new session must occur within one year of the original session date. Changes to your Program registrations may affect any previously applied discounts (e.g. the multiple program registration discount), and may result in an increase in individual Program registration fees. There is no cancellation allowed on deferred admissions.
- The Program registration requires a non-refundable deposit of 1,000 € upon acceptance to secure enrollment; this is indicated in the email sent confirming your registration in the Program. Should you be unable to attend the Program, the above deposit shall not eligible for a refund, regardless of cancellation date or reason.
- If your schedule changes and you can no longer attend the Program, you may be able to send a qualified colleague in your place. Only one substitution is allowed per Program registration. All substitutes require prior approval from Mindway. Therefore, any requests for substitutes must be submitted in writing to the Program Registration Team at least 10 days prior to the start of the Program. The new participant will also need to fill out an application form and comply with the specific conditions for participants in the Program.
VISA LETTER POLICY
- Mindway will issue a visa invitation letter only after Program acceptance and upon receipt of payment in full. 1,000€ of your Program payment will be considered a non-refundable deposit, as mentioned above. Should you be unable to attend the Program, the 1,000 € deposit is not eligible for refund, regardless of cancellation/deferral date or reason.
EXCLUSION OF GUARANTEES AND LIABILITIES
- Mindway does not guarantee that there will not be any interruptions or errors when accessing the Website, in the Services or in their Content. Furthermore, it does not guarantee their reliability, exactness, accuracy or usefulness for any specific purpose or activity. However, it shall put forth its best effort to, where appropriate, avoid, correct or update any such interruptions or errors. To the extent provided by applicable regulations, Mindway declines any liability for damages of any nature that may result from the circumstances previously mentioned.
- Without limitation, Mindway is not responsible for any damages that may arise from:
- interruptions, viruses, outages, interferences, omissions or disconnections in electronic systems, the communications systems or its equipment for reasons beyond Mindway’s control;
- delays or blockage in the use of the Website or the Services, or overload on the Internet on in lines, electric systems or communication systems;
- actions taken by third-parties;
- failure to access the Website or the Services due to maintenance or updating tasks;
- any other case beyond the control of Mindway.
- Except in cases of willful misconduct or where current legislation provides that liability cannot be limited by agreement as a result of the particular circumstances of the User or the Content, the Website and the Services are used entirely at the sole risk of the User. Mindway shall not be responsible for any damages of any nature caused to the User for this reason. Mindway is not responsible for any improper use, misuse or any use contrary to these Terms and Conditions on the part of Users.
- The User shall be responsible for any damages caused to Mindway as a result of his or her use of the Website and the Services by failing to adhere to these Terms and Conditions. The User undertakes to hold Mindway and its directors, staff, agents and representatives harmless from any liability to which they may be subject as a result of the User’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The unauthorised use or resale of the information found on the Website, as well as any breach of the intellectual property rights of Mindway may result in the relevant legal action being taken.
- In regard to any User Content, Mindway acts exclusively as the provider of the service that consists of enabling the Website or the Service so that Users may store and publish this User Content. Any information, data, texts, photographs or any other material included in the User Content that is stored or published via the Website or the Services is the sole responsibility of the User who stores or publishes it, except in cases expressly provided by law.
- Mindway reserves the right to make any amendments and updates to the information found on the Website, to its configuration and display, and to its conditions of access.
- If any of the provisions in these Terms and Conditions is declared invalid, it shall be removed or replaced. In any event, other provisions found in this Terms and Conditions shall not be affected if one is declared invalid.
- These general Terms and Conditions are governed by Spanish law except where current legislation provides otherwise as a result of the particular circumstances of the User.
- Mindway respects the privacy of your personal information and does not, under any circumstances, rent or sell personal information submitted by visitors to our Website to any outside third party.
- Some of our Website pages and Services contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy policies, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
What we use your personal data for.
- Personal information that you submit to this Website will be used only for the purpose for which it was asked (for example, information submitted on the application section of our Website will be used for admissions purposes). Aggregate, non-personally identifying information may be both used internally and shared externally (for example, the number of applicants from specific countries).
- For the management of the Program, personal information about applicants and attendants may be shared with the entities participating in such Program, some of which may be located in countries without data protection regulations similar to European regulations: the MIT Sloan School of Management and with Hachette Filipacchi Presse, S.A. Those data will be shared for the management of the Program and, where appropriate, the provision of information about MIT programs and Elle activities and publications. When applying for the Program, you consent such use of your personal data.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing better information to individuals about our programs and services.
Other uses of personal data:
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by updating your account profile preferences, sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to tell us the e-mail addresses at which you do not wish to receive our electronic correspondence. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving e-mail from Mindway, you may continue to receive e-mail from other divisions of Mindway to which you have contacted and approved receiving communications on a separate basis.
- Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new programs and services or upcoming programs.
- If you supply us with your postal address online you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on our new programs and services.
- We may use a third-party tracking service to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our Website in the aggregate. Please see more information about it in our Cookies Policy. The information we track is limited to usage and volume statistics and is used to provide insight into the effectiveness of our online marketing initiatives and strategies. We use features of Google Web Analytics for Display Advertising utilizing data collected from DoubleClick cookies. If you wish to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads visit the Ads Preferences Manager or Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Verification of attendance:
- We occasionally receive requests from third parties to verify that participants have attended our Program and/or have been awarded certificates. We will not provide such verification without first obtaining your consent.
Compliance with legal requirements:
- Please note that you are entitled to access, rectify, cancel or oppose to the processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable regulations. To such extent, you must send your request, with your identification (e.g. copy of passport, national identity card…) to email@example.com..
- Mindway is committed to upholding our community members’ and visitors’ right to privacy. Should you have any questions or suspect a breach of these policies, we encourage you to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org